Canada Wins and the Weekend is Here.
Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted. I have been so busy and unable to even visit the site. Wednesday night was an awesome time for Canadian Hockey. That night Mike, John, and I went out to Don Cherry's to watch the game, have some wings, and enjoy refreshments. The place was noisy and packed. It was finally a place where you could get good wings around here. Although the price was a little over the top (2 pounds for 16 bucks...ugh) but they were really great anyway. It was good to see what is more than likely the last major hockey game we will see in a while. A damn shame. What is wrong with the owners and players? It is about the game, not the business. Of course, what hasen't become a business these days? The corporate world seems to be taking over everything. Even as a business student it is a tragedy (Although, not a business student at heart, as many of you know). But the regular person can't do anything except enjoy the uncomfortable ride.
Work has become a hectic beast. It is really interesting stuff, but it never ends. Expenditure review, accountability, PAA, TBS, EC, SPA, EEPF, ERIS...daily terms that I am still trying to get wrapped around my head. But, with my new love for Swiss Chocolate Almond Coffee, it will be easy:)
Weekend is upon us again. And another weekend of searching for a place to live. I am not having much luck. I have people looking out. I picked up a copy of the Citizen yesterday and have been looking through it for any postings that would suit my requirements.
How about a posting day question from here on in to get people to leave comments.
Posting Question: 1)What are your plans for the weekend? 2)What do you feel will be the state of Canadian Hockey post "lock-out"?

2 Comments:
Weather looks better in Ottawa to-day than in Charlottetown. hope you can do some hunting for a spot to hang your hat for the next few months. Surely some one has a cot or chesterfield for you to sack out.
Had a nice visit from Wilf & Marie. They are always fun and draw a crowd. Eight for KFC & livations. Glad you were able to call & have a chat. Mona also called around the same time.
Arleen & I are watching some of the Rider cup matches. Europe kicked butt yesterday but USA rebounding to-day. As far as the hockey goes; will do the players some good to sit for awhile. Making way to much money, almost as much as YOU !
Best for now...Gary
Ahh the weekend....cold and damp here, as usual. I am tring ro write a little without disturbing Gimli on my lap....he's been out all morning, now ready for TLC.
So far this weekend, have cleaned floors, vacuumed furniture, and made salsa with my tomatoes that are finally turning red- better late than never.
Mad. is coming over for supper tonight as she is alone while Harv. is in Calgary for meetings.
Going diving tomorrow morning...pretty well the end of my season for that...need warmer climate! The water is warm, but the cold air makes surface intervals dismal. Then Scott's Aunt Joy is coming for supper tomorrow night....she has been home from London, ON for over amonth now, but haven't seen much of her because of all the other events lately.
So, that pretty much fills my weekend....have to lay low and save money for Ottawa!
Hope you got in touch with Andrew.
As for the hockey thing, I only watch it for the big games (World Cup final, Gold medals, finals, etc.) so no big deal to me! Sorry
Later, Carol
Post a Comment
<< Home