Monday, September 06, 2004

Labour Day

Oh, God bless the non-creative aspect of that title. It is a little overcast today, but still quite warm. Tomorrow I begin work with those wacky Feds. I personally can't wait to start the process. Yesterday I walked from my place to the building. It takes about 25 minutes to get there. It is a massive brick thing that looks like it needs a good Stalingrad to happen around it to make it look astheticly pleasing. However, I could be mistaken about the interior. Hull/Gatineau has this strange feeling about it. It is not just about the fact that everything is in French, but because there is no layout to the streets. They are just everywhere with cars blazing through lights trying to hit you as you cross. Oh well, it keeps your on your heels, I guess...haha. (Sorry no pics yet...but there will be a big update when there is).

This week I will be getting a Cell phone activated...that way people can call me anytime they want instead of the situation now. Also, I am working quite hard on my workterm report...currently on page, like, 20. When that is over...man...it will be time to enjoy things.

Friday night I went out for a few drinks and some food with a friend of my sister at an actually good Darcy McGees, ha. Beer is insanely expensive...$5.30 for a pint of Keiths! Oh the humanity of it all! After a great meal, she gave me a tour of the ever-so popular Byward Market at night...oh, I can just imagine the entertainment that place will prove to be! Pubs, Bars, manic crazies everywhere...good times.

I have also been hanging out with my Aunt and Uncle (Dale and Barb) and cousin, Joesph, the last couple days. Barb took me for some grocheries that didn't cost 50 bucks a bananna. And even fed me a few meals! Go figure. Joe is quite the rabid Halo fan, so everytime I go over, we have to play that game, haha. Such a waste of time.

Hopefully there are still some people reading these things. I haven't been able to update as much as I want because I have no internet access at 'home', but that's okay, it makes people read!

Oh, another thing, I made it to the Rideau Centre and Ottawa University the other day. The Rideau Centre has quite a lot of crap in it, but it is still really neat. Much better than that Sparks Street Mall...yikes...disappointment all around. Ottawa U is really nice. I am going to go back sometime this week and do some more exploring...after all, soon have to find a new place to stay...my time at the Condo is running out...3 weeks left!

Take care all! I will update in a couple of days. In the meantime, remember to comment and post...I want to have an interactive little place here;) Enjoy your Labour Day!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally love the blogspot! great fun checking up on your mis-adventures. I know what you mean about Hull...you would think it would be just an extension of Ottawa, but no....it's a different world over there! Wacky, indeed.....
Good luck tomorrow with the Feds! Carol

September 6, 2004 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger ♥Jane♥ said...

Hey Steve!!

Love the pics! Very nice city and really nice apartment. You're a great photographer :D
Hope you're having a blast up there, good luck with your papers!

September 7, 2004 at 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey aren't you that moviestar real estate guru dude that has the blog and like picture page and stuff?

Live it up! Next set of pics, that livingroom better be littered with drunken refuse and your kitchen better be stocked with fine liquors your fridge with wine and beer. There had best be at least one girl passed out on your bed, and another two on the bed next to her... And on the floor nothing but wadded up C notes and plastic wraps for super crack rocks.

I want to be hearing about you on the 6:30ish news! When you agreed to your post at the National Holographic bureau you pledged to always take the party national!National brother, you gotta take the party national!

Say hi to my family in Hull (where my mother grew up).

In faith and wholeness,
Brother Chuck

September 7, 2004 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Squishead said...

Thanks guys! Chuck, I will take your suggestion into consideration...sounds interesting for sure...maybe I should rent a hotel room first, haha.

September 7, 2004 at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home