Thursday, September 02, 2004

The day after the invasion...

Hey all! Yes I have survived the great journey! I am writing to you from quite the large internet cafe on Bank Street in downtown Ottawa. I arrived yesterday evening around 7:00 at my current residence. Everything came through without the slightest hitch. Sure the plane "Ultimate Chocolate Cookies" sucked, but that's okay.

When I got to my new home, I checked things out. There was a bottle of water and a frozen tv dinner in the fridge (my first Ottawa meal, thank you very much), a can of spaghetti sauce in the cupboard, two large chairs in the living room, a tv with a built in DVD player on the ground in the corner with a dead clock on top, a large bedroom with two fair size beds, a personal walk in closet and washroom, a washer and drier, and another washroom. Needless to say, as you will see in my pictures, there is not very much furnature in my room. But, that is what I was told before I took the Condo, so no big surprise. The place is not that big, but not that small. It is quite cozy. Now all I need is a plant friend and I will be set. Today I really should get some milk and juice. You cannot live off bottled water and Subway subs forever, unfortunatly.

Today I took off around 10am for a walk around my general area of the city. It is a very clean place and easy to get around. I made my way up to the government buildings on "the Hill" and took several pictures of the view. Lots of touristy folks wandering around like myself. So I walked around all the buildings, not wanting to wait in the projected "hour and a half" of waiting in line for a tour. Screw that. Instead I just offered to take peoples photographs in front of "the Flame". Great entertainment. After that, I made my way down Wellington Street and passed by the Court House of Canada and all that jazz. So I made my way back to Laurier via Kent, Spark, and Lyon. I shot into a Pharmacy on Spark Street and picked up some Garbage bags and bottled water, haha. Then I continued down Laurier to Subway and purchased some much needed food. When I got back to the condo I was pretty beat...2 hours of walking through busy intersections will do that to you.

When I leave the cafe I will get some other things to help me survive as well as give the managers I am going to be working for a call to see if they want to have a "happy hour" tonight.

In the meantime, check out some of the new pictures up at the website by clicking here. I will be posting again in the next day or two! Take care all!

Steve

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics-just a lovely day on the town...no cats, though! Good talking to you. Have a great weekend, Carol

September 2, 2004 at 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marcutio
Well I am glad to see you have a church to go to so close by to confess yours sins easily. Thats a swell little building that your looking to rent ;) Oh! and that KD in the kitchen shot... utter perfection. Well things are looking good up there. Just remember to remind those politicians not to forget about Atlantic Canada like they usually do.

September 3, 2004 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Squishead said...

Yeah, the KD was great! I will be in touch in a few days. No more pics or anything, although I should probably fix the comments on them...oppps!

September 3, 2004 at 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be shocked if you knew how to cook the KD, maybe the door man will help !

Marty

September 4, 2004 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home