Dreaming News Flash
Welcome to "Stripper-gate".
I was in Parliament when this interesting debate took place yesterday. My goodness, people go ape-shit over the smallest things. This is what you get with a minority governemnt, I guess. It was quite fun to be in the Gallery of a question session. So much yelling and bitching; it is hard to believe that these are the same people who condem video game violence and family disputes. They are just as bad. You know it is good unilateral entertainment when High School kids in the Gallery are having a good time in a political debate.
Not too much else is going on. My last weekend was pretty good. The National Art Gallery was impressive, to say the least. They now charge to get into the permanent exhibits, but it was worth the 5 bucks. I saw a few movies also on the weekend, The Incredibles, which has more violence than you would expect from a "family" film, and Shrek 2, which has about the level of violence you would expect from a "family" film...although in that movie, the jokes were probably a bit over the top for children, as they seemed to be directed towards the adults in the audience. Good stuff.
I think I am going to Montreal this weekend. In fact, I am pretty sure. I just don't know how/when I am going to get there, nor how/when I am getting back to Ottawa. A friend of mine is supposed to be going over this weekend and driving John and I (John is going to see the Pixies at the Bell Centre tomorrow night). But he doesn't know if he is going to go to Montreal yet...which is kind of getting a little late. So I may just end up taking the bus tomorrow evening and coming back Saturday evening. Andrew is quite busy, so it will be a quick trip; which is fine because the Tragically Hip is playing on Sunday night here at the Civic Centre. I got my ticket, do you have yours?!?
They weather has been quite crappy the last few days. We were supposed to get 10cm last night, but Environment Canada sucks at forecasting, so instead we just got lots of rain, wet snow, and wind. Fun.
Enjoy the weekend, I will post again on Monday, no doubt.
Countdown:
22 Days

2 Comments:
WOW!!! Strippergate!....Exciting stuff....glad to see they are debating something of interest to all Canadians! HA! We should all go sit in parliament at least once to get an appreciation of all our elected officials hard work!
Well, working extremely hard today...:-)....just trying to figure out where I will go to lunch today! Maybe Subway to try a new oven-toasted sub? hmmmmmm.....
Off this weekend...Scott's Xmas party and Sunday shopping this weekend... not much to buy here, but it's tax free this weekend! Who knows what trouble I can get in...
Have fun in Montreal, if you get there, and say "HI" to Gordon this Sunday for me! Later, Carol
"governemnt" should be spelled "government". I am too lazy to edit the post...haha.
Post a Comment
<< Home