Monday, November 08, 2004

The Wonderful World of the Federal Government

...And all of their crazy rules. Did you know that if there is a "holiday" on a thursday or tuesday that you are basically compelled to take off friday or monday in order to make it a 3 day week and a 4 day weekend? I found that a very interesting rule. In fact, if you are here on a friday or monday that most people have taken off, you are in for a lazy day because nothing really transpires on those days. It is fascinating how a prime bureaucracy works. So, needless to say, I am, in fact, taking the Friday off. I may go to Montreal on Friday morning if I can get in touch with Mr.McGill, Andrew Cudmore.

Thursday I am going to the Rememberance Day ceremonies here in Ottawa. I always wanted to go to the activities on November 11th in Ottawa, so here is my chance. In addition, Thursday is also going to be R.E.M. day. I guess it has been 19 years since R.E.M. has been to Ottawa. It should be a fantastic show. I haven't heard anything off their new record besides the single, but I have read reviews and the verdict is that it is supposed to be very good. I cannot wait for Thursday!

The weekend was pretty slack. I went out for Indian food at a place on Clarence Street in the Market on Friday night(I forget the name right now, I will post when I walk by it today or tomorrow, haha). It was my first experience with 'real' Indian cuisine, and I wasn't disappointed! It was amazing. I recommend the buttered chicken...so damn good...yum yum.

Saturday I went to the Mall looking for a pair of boots. Since I dislike malls, I was not in there for very long. That night I went to Vartan's place with Suzanne and watched a film, ate food, and had a few drinks. It was a good time. Relaxing.

Sunday was exciting day, as I like to call it. I did laundry...yay. *cough* That is all I am reporting on that day.

Besides that, everything is going well. No complaints. The weather is starting to get cold (hence the boot-looking). In fact, there are flurries outside my window right now...fun. Six weeks to go, have to pick up the entertainment level another notch!

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home