Friday, November 19, 2004

A Liberal Complication

As we all know Carolyn Parrish has been banished from caucus. This is not surprising looking at comments and actions she made in the past. The "go to hell" speech was a good topper to end a political career that has been plagued with personal slandering and "saying what she thinks" mandate. This is not a bad thing, in fact, more politicians should speak their minds, however, one should keep in mind the implications of a media driven society that 'hears all'. I will agree that her actions were unprofessional, ignorant, and completely inappropriate. It is hard to believe how long she has actually been involved in Canadian politics with such a direct mannerism. Not that I did not completely agree with her arguments (or lack there of, with any logical approach), but it was ridiculous the way she handled such situations. She got what was coming; now we can all move on.

On a lighter note, the weekend is upon us, yet again. I think I am going to the National Art Gallery and Chinatown. I want to explore these regions before go home, and this weekend should be nice enough to do so. This means, however, that I am not going to Montreal. It was decided between Andrew and I, that I go next weekend, which is fine with me because then I will have a drive there for cheap. But now it is official...sweetness.

Anyway, that is about all for now, it is lunch time. And for a government employee, the least relaxing time of the day, haha...

Have a good weekend all...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun getting cultured up....either thru art or china...whatever! I get to work tomorrow! Sunday Mom and I will go to the craft festival at the confed. center...that will be our culture for the month! HA!
Carol

November 19, 2004 at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home